Mom was a great improvisor in the kitchen. She never let a tight budget or a lack of convenient ingredients slow her down. Her culinary creativity was endless. Like when a big dish of chicken pot pie was too much, she made mini-pot pies.
You can adjust the recipe to taste with whatever meat or veggies you have on hand.
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
- Campbell’s Creamy Herb & Garlic Soup
- 2 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls – Seamless Dough Sheet
- Frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup of chicken cut into small pieces. You can use pre-cooked chicken strips or even canned chicken.
- 3-inch round cookie cutter
- Cupcake pan
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay the crescent roll flat and cut out 12 rounds
- Press them in the cupcake pan along the bottom and up the sides
- In a bowl mix the soup, thawed vegetables and cut up chicken
- Spoon the filling mix into the cups. Be careful not to overfill. It will bubble up while cooking
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut strips of crescent dough to cover the top of the cups. I do 2 across each way so there are four strips total per cup.
- Bake about 18 minutes – until top and sides are golden brown. If the top gets too brown, cover it with foil until the bottom is cooked.
- Let cool and then use a knife to loosen and lift out of cups.
What’s your favorite pot pie recipe?