Is your spring still asleep at the switch? Warm it up with this hearty soup recipe from Grandma Peggy’s kitchen. Simple and easy. You can adjust or add seasonings to taste.
Grandma Peggy’s Soup
- ¼ lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes
- 2 cans (1 lb. each) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (12 oz.) kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (3 oz.) broiled sliced mushroom, with broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz.) mushroom gravy
- 2 Tbsp. Chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ lb. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 12 frankfurters
- Fry bacon, drain on absorbent paper. Reserve.
- Cook onion in 2 Tbsp. of drippings until golden brown.
- Add next six ingredients. Bring to boiling. Lower heat.
- Add cheese, stir until cheese melts.
- Cut frankfurters in one-inch slices. Add with bacon bits.
- Bring to serving temperature.
- Serve immediately or put into vacuum jar for freezing.
What’s your favorite recipe for spring?